We're excited to share our DTM take on a classic Chinese comfort food: porridge! This recipe is easy to make and more importantly, tastes great. If you're craving some home-cooked goodness with the sinfulness of our roasted pork, this one's for you!
Serves: 3-4 Pax
Prep Duration: Less than 15 minutes
Cooking Duration: Less than 45 mins
1/2 Carrot, diced
2 Shiitake Mushrooms, sliced
100g or 1 tablespoon of Cai Poh
2 sticks of Spring Onion
1/4 of 250g of DTM Roasted Pork Belly, sliced
Salt, season to taste
Pepper, season to taste
1. Wash and rinse the rice with water to wash away the starch.
2. Add water and rice into the pot, turn to medium heat, and cook for 25 mins.
3. Stir the pot with a spoon every 2 mins to prevent it from sticking to the base.
4. After 10 mins, add the roasted pork, shiitake mushrooms, cai poh, and carrots into the pot.
5. Continue to stir the pot to prevent the rice from sticking to the base of the pot.
6. After 25 mins, add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Assemble: pour into a bowl and garnish with spring onion.
3 Tips to make the dish more luxurious and stunning:
1. Add more water if you prefer your porridge to be wetter.
2. Add in a whole egg and give it a stir, if you would like more ingredients in your porridge.
3. Replace after with chicken crock to enhance the flavour of the porridge.